- Piccolo’s outdoor hot dog stand – good prices on food and soda; on the Subway Deck ; 767-285-2901
- Pic-N-Go – burgers, salads, coffee, pastries, desserts-1st floor of the Student Center; 767-445-3121
- Subway – the U.S. sandwich chain; on the Subway Deck; 767-445-7827 or 767-617-3004
- The Cafe– serves coffee, sweets and snacks; on the Subway Deck; 767-245-7525; 445-3863
- The Orchard-1st floor of the student center.
- There are vending machines scattered throughout campus.
On the northern edge of campus is an area called the “Picard Food Pavillion” aka “The Shacks“. The shacks are a row of local vendors selling food, drinks, smoothies, snacks, fruits, vegetables, and some souvenirs. Cheapest meals in Picard. For beverages, there are a few juice shacks and a coffee shack. Most shacks sell bottled water and soda. For food, there are a variety of cuisines available -Caribbean/local food, Mexican, Indian and Italian (pizza shack). Lots of chicken, fish, beans, rice, and pasta. For the very health conscious I recommend shack #4. It is run by a local dietician, Mrs. Lambert. She has soy, tofu, yogurt etc. You can view video footage of the shacks by clicking here and here .
EATING OFF CAMPUS IN PICARD
CHINESE RESTAURANTS – these tend to be open on Sundays :
- Asian Fusion Bar & Restaurant– across from Jenner Hall. 767-276-7995
- Bob’s Chinese-on Banana Trail, up from Ross main gate, blue building on the left; Free delivery on orders 20 EC and up. 767-445-6264
- Golden Dragon-in Glanvilla; restaurant is upstairs; nice seafood; Delivers, 767-445-5049
- Hope Restaurant– Across from main gate/Clara House. Delivery is free for orders 20 EC and up. A fee applies for orders under 20 EC. 767-614-7893 or 767-285-7529
- Jack’s Chinese-up hill from Ross main gate on right side; Delivery; 767-445-3300 or 285-6408
- Riverside Cafe–on the Picard River-nicer dining; Chinese/Thai/American menu; Delivers, 767-445-5888
- The Usual Spot-featuring asian fusion cuisine-Thai/Japanese/Chinese/American food-sushi, tempura, benton boxes, specialty pizzas, burgers, bubble tea, frozen yogurt, slushies, snowcones; located across from Ross main entry gate; next to Hope. A/C. Cash only. Delivery, 767-445-5777
AMERICAN / LOCAL/ OTHER CUISINES IN PICARD :
- Atto’s– across from the shacks, in the corner; cheap lunches!
- Aunty Grace’s Kitchen– next to Alexis Taxi; breakfast and daily lunch specials; 767-612-8523
- Bad Habit– across from shacks; freshly prepared food, good salads, Mexican nights; 767-285-8581
- Campus Crepes– across from main gate; sweet or savory crepes; delivery; 767-265-2496
- Che’s Ice Cream Parlor -on Banana Trail, past Tomato’s, on the left; 767-276-9956
- Clara House Lounge – across from RUSM main gate, 1st floor of Clara House. Bar, music, & dining. Dress code applies; 767-277-4563
- Corner Café/Cupcake Corner– next to Hong Kong/Aunty Grace’s- cupcakes, bakery, daily lunch specials, Sunday brunch. 767-225-7264
- George’s Shawarma up hill from Ross main gate; blue building on left; 767-285-1966 or 767-277-0626
- Healthful Obsessions-(closed) by Uptown Diner; low calorie foods and desserts; 767-225-9696
- IGA Whitchurch-local grocery serves hot meals for lunch and dinner. Salad bar is an option for lunch on some days. Pizzas are made fresh on Friday and Saturday from 1p-8p. Call 767-255-1214 to order.
- Junction on Banana trail. Coffee, meals; large screen TV; 767-445-4505
- Kandy’s Krush Bar & Grill-across from shacks; 767-315-6291 or 767-265-5286
- Kathryne’s – bottom floor of Clara House across from Ross main gate; A/C ; 767-445-3719 or 767-245-3644
- Le Flambeau-outdoor restaurant located on the southern edge of campus at PBH (Portsmouth Beach Hotel) on the Caribbean Sea ; 767-445-5142
- Le Petit Paris Picard Bakery-across from Jenner; breads, pizza, salads, sandwiches; 767-275-7777
- Mango’s Bar & Grill– next to Riverside restaurant on Moo Cow Trail; good wraps, burgers and pizza; 767-445-6777
- Mango Cafe’-before Bobs/George’s Shawarma on Banana Trail; local food and Indian food; 767-445-4121
- Pool Hall Bar & Restaurant– above Hope Restaurant/P&P Trading Store-767-276-5387 or 767-612-0284
- Shawarma King-between Hope Restaurant and Usual Spot on Banana Trail. They sell hummus, tabouleh, and baba ganoush, as well as pizza and burgers. Delivery, 767-295-5647
- Sisters Beach Bar & Restaurant-on Lizard Trail, waterfront; Call for reservations 767-445-5211 or 767-277-4421; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strawberry’s–pink building across from RUH; lunch specials; 767-285-9017
- Swirls Frozen Yogurt Cafe’– 2nd floor above Usual Spot; 767-316-8141
- The Champs Restaurant/Bar – on top of Banana Trail; Make reservations for Fine Dining on Fridays night and Saturday brunch. Call for a ride up the hill. Brick Oven Pizza delivery on some nights. 767-445-4452
- The Picard Oven/Pikki Pizza-between Shawarma King and Usual Spot; pastries, breads, and sweets; pizza delivery 767-613-6967
- The Tomato– straight up the hill across from the Ross main gate on left (Banana Trail); large menu, they also sell deli meats/cheeses/sour cream/breads. This is where the cast of “Pirates of the Caribbean” frequently dined while filming in Dominica. Delivery, 767-445-3334
- Tulips-up the hill from the Ross main gate, on the right, Banana Trail; known for their ribs and wings; $2 delivery fee; 767-445-3616, 265-6077, 615-0889
- Uptown Diner-across from the shacks; Monday salad bar lunch; serves breakfast all day; Delivery, 767–445-6954, 285-5013
- Woody’s Pizza-pizza delivery 767–616-6528, 295-4888, or 445-5615
-Updated March 2016. Do you have updated information to share? Please click here.